Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lovely Island Ladies

Just finished up my apron for the Flirty Apron Swap - Aloha Apron Swap. I'm nervous. Like seriously nervous. I love it but I'm scared that my swap partner will not. It's risque. Totally my thing but maybe not hers. She did post a comment that she loved the fabric when I posted a sample on the FAS blog. But, was she just being nice?? I hope not. Ahhhhh!!
I am thrilled with the way that it turned out because I didn't have an actual pattern. I knew what I wanted it to look like and the only pattern that I could find with that look was not available when I went to Joann's last week. So, I improvised. I used a few patterns and some freezer paper and drew my own. I totally had to make the neckline from scratch though. Overall. I love the pattern and I plan to keep my little pencil drawn pattern and use it again. I did buy enough of the lovely lady fabric to make an apron for myself (yeah right, like I'll ever get to it). But I'll need to buy a bit more of the hand dyed fabrics.
I have my tuck-ins ready and I'm mailing tomorrow. I guess I'll know what my partner thinks in a few days... unless she is just being polite. I hate self-doubt!




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!
    Thank you for such as AWESOME apron!

    ReplyDelete